Can't Enable Power Query Add In RRS feed

• Question

• I have the same issue as described by Bill on April 1, 2014.  

I am using Win-7 Enterprise SP-1 64-bit; MS-Office Professional Plus 2010 ver: 14.0.7140.5000 (32-bit) and have been using Power Query (32-bit) Add-in on Excel for the past 12-18 months.  I have regularly been notified of available PQ upgrades and have installed them successfully.

Yesterday, I opened Excel, but PQ was not enabled.  The Office Add-in manager shows that PQ is disabled.  I attempted to enable the COM Add-In but to no avail. The Add-In location folder for PQ shows (C:Windows\SysWOW64\mscorre.dll).  That folder and file is at that location.  Going through the enabling process produces no positive result and no warning message complaints.

I visited MS Power Query download site, downloaded the latest PQ and ran the install.  I choose all the default responses during the install and got no warning messages.  I an still unable to enable PQ.

Any help anyone may provide would be appreciated!

Friday, March 20, 2015 1:25 PM

Answers

• If you go into the registry (through regedit), what is the value of LoadBehavior when you navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel?

Is it 0x00000003 (3)?
    Sunday, March 22, 2015 5:54 PM

All replies

• If you go into the registry (through regedit), what is the value of LoadBehavior when you navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\Microsoft.Mashup.Client.Excel?

Is it 0x00000003 (3)?
    Sunday, March 22, 2015 5:54 PM
  • Hi Gil,

I am having this same issue. I can see PowerQuery in the add-in manager, but it's listed as disabled even after I attempt to enable it.

I can confirm that the LoadBehavior value at the location you specified is 0x00000003 (3).

Thanks,

Thursday, May 5, 2016 10:58 PM