sound not working in windows vista RRS feed

• Question

• hi, my sound suddenly stopped working today. i went to update my drivers and it says that it is already the best updated software. I have a touch control panel for my sound on the top right on my computer(dell inspiron recieved three years ago) and its working but my sound isnt on anything(skype,Youtube) what should i do? this is very important and i would appreciate a answer asap! thanks

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As this issue occurs recently, system restore can be under consideration first.

Please make sure the sound is not set to mute anywhere.

Go to Control panel ->troubleshooting->Hardware and Sound to troubleshoot.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, July 15, 2011 11:29 AM

All replies

• well i would suggest you to roll back to the earlier drivers..

when booting up your computer hit f8 and select > last known good configuration.

hope it helps.. otherwise if you have an earlier restored point. Proceed with windows systems restore.

alternative after restore if there is still soundless.. I would suspect your sound card might be faulty.. if your sound card is not a dedicated sound card.. you might need to replaced the motherboard.

Guowen Su | CCNA, CCIP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, CEH | http://www.microsoft.com/en/sg/default.aspx Our Goal? VERY SATISFIED Customers. If you're not...let's talk!! Please don't vote me for answers... because i do not want others to feels that i'm cheating ? :) In any case God knows :)
    • Proposed as answer by Soh.M Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:58 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Magon LiuModerator Friday, July 15, 2011 11:25 AM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:58 AM
  • Hi,

As this issue occurs recently, system restore can be under consideration first.

Please make sure the sound is not set to mute anywhere.

Go to Control panel ->troubleshooting->Hardware and Sound to troubleshoot.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, July 15, 2011 11:29 AM