Error when moving server folder RRS feed

• Question

• Using the "Move the folder" task in the dashboard I receive the following error:
    "The folder was moved successfully with some errors", "Cannot enable search on the folder".

What does that mean? And why is this error happening?

• Edited by johnzered Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:16 PM
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:15 PM

Answers

• I believe that FlexRAID has some of its own drivers that work along side NTFS drivers so that USN Journal records and whatever FlexRAID uses can coexist without any disruptions.  How they work I am not sure (never worked with FleXRAID before).  The "Cannot enable search on the folder" error I suspect is referring only to the fact that there wont be any USN Journal entries maintained by NTFS drivers for the system properties pertaining to that folder.  If it isn't causing a problem over your network or locally I wouldn't worry about it, however I would definitely keep researching it with the FlexRAID guys.  Sorry I couldn't be anymore help.

Remember to select 'Mark as Answer' for any reply that provided a solution

• Marked as answer by johnzered Sunday, September 15, 2013 11:52 AM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:14 AM

All replies

• The folder you moved your folder to is probably not indexed.  Right-click the folder properties of the destination folder and click Advanced then click the radio button for allow indexing.  Try hitting the "how do I troubleshoot problems moving folders?" link at the bottom of that window, if I was wrong.
    • Proposed as answer by CurtisJTrobaugh Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:28 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by johnzered Sunday, September 15, 2013 11:52 AM
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:28 AM
  • Thanks CurtisJTrobaugh for helping  me find the cause of this issue and I assume your correct in your reply.

I'm currently testing out FlexRAID as well and I was trying to move the folder to a storage pool created with FlexRAID.
    From they're forum I got the reply that the pool cannot currently handle USN journal and if Essentials is using that for indexing then that's why I see this error.
    I have since tried to move a folder to a drive not in the pool and that worked as expected. (Changing the index property to either true or false did however not have any impact, it worked with both).

So is Essentials using USN journal for this feature and what does "Cannot enable search on the folder" actually mean because as I remember it I was still able to search the folder, I could be wrong though and unfortunately I'm unable to test it right now.

Monday, September 9, 2013 5:10 PM
  • I believe that FlexRAID has some of its own drivers that work along side NTFS drivers so that USN Journal records and whatever FlexRAID uses can coexist without any disruptions.  How they work I am not sure (never worked with FleXRAID before).  The "Cannot enable search on the folder" error I suspect is referring only to the fact that there wont be any USN Journal entries maintained by NTFS drivers for the system properties pertaining to that folder.  If it isn't causing a problem over your network or locally I wouldn't worry about it, however I would definitely keep researching it with the FlexRAID guys.  Sorry I couldn't be anymore help.

Remember to select 'Mark as Answer' for any reply that provided a solution

• Marked as answer by johnzered Sunday, September 15, 2013 11:52 AM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:14 AM