Can I restore data from delected column? RRS feed

• Question

• I have delete a column of a list. Then I lose all the data from this column. how can I restore it (e.g. from recycle bin)?
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:54 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:17 PM

Answers

• HI,

Column data will not be stored in recycle bin once you have deleted it. You can either recreate it or else if you have backups of your site/db yoiu can restore it and then you can take the data out from your list in spreadsheet and then you can revert back and can apply the data back.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks,

Rahul Rashu

• Marked as answer by hulu0808 Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:29 AM
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't think you can restore it from Recycle Bin because recycle bin works for list item only. Now if you have your site backup (daily/weekly/monthly..) then only you can restore your site and get your deleted column back with data.

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:40 PM
  • Only way to restore the data of the list is from you backup. If you are taking content DB backups of you site, then restore using that.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:03 PM
  • HI,

Column data will not be stored in recycle bin once you have deleted it. You can either recreate it or else if you have backups of your site/db yoiu can restore it and then you can take the data out from your list in spreadsheet and then you can revert back and can apply the data back.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks,

Rahul Rashu

• Marked as answer by hulu0808 Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:29 AM
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:12 AM