Move files 'confirm file replace' dialogue appears behind file 'copying...' dialogue using FTP RRS feed

• Question

• When copying files from my local machine to an FTP folder on the web, if I copy only files, no folders (e.g. copy index.htm from the currently open directory to the currently open FTP directory) the 'Confirm File Replace' dialogue appears behind the 'Copying...' dialogue. The Copying dialogue is just saying 'calculating the time required to upload the files.' which it can't do until i click the 'yes' button in the 'Confirm File Replace' dialogue behind it.

It's not that big a deal, it's just a pain in the...

Is there a setting? or is this just a 'windows' thing?

ExUbuntu

Thursday, May 28, 2009 4:44 AM

Answers

• You could not disable the 'modal' behavior of that with any kind of registry setting, but the focus change is a part of the new RC feature called 'needy state'. It would be my guess that the development team did not intend this to happen in FTP.

You should send feedback on this if that is available at your beta participation level.. The Misc. forum in this group has a 'comments' thread. You can add your experience, to help the dev team identify problems.

Have Comments about Windows 7 RC? (Part 3 - Do not post questions in this thread)

Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Monday, June 1, 2009 3:11 PM

All replies

• You could not disable the 'modal' behavior of that with any kind of registry setting, but the focus change is a part of the new RC feature called 'needy state'. It would be my guess that the development team did not intend this to happen in FTP.

You should send feedback on this if that is available at your beta participation level.. The Misc. forum in this group has a 'comments' thread. You can add your experience, to help the dev team identify problems.

Have Comments about Windows 7 RC? (Part 3 - Do not post questions in this thread)

Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Monday, June 1, 2009 3:11 PM
  • I can't BELIEVE this wasn't fixed in the final release.. It's SUCH a massive waste of time and energy...
    Friday, May 21, 2010 7:35 PM
  • Having the same problem - this should be fixed.
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:32 PM
  • Having the same problem - this should be fixed.

+1
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:11 AM
  • Add me.  Actually I did something (but I don't know what) to get rid of the issue, maybe it was moving one of the two overlapping dialogues to a different window position before closing it.
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 4:19 PM
  • Was this ever fixed?
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:33 AM