none
failed to setdpmserver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i trying to install DPM agent to a windows 7 workgroup client. after manually install the agent on the client. i proceed to run the 'setdpmserver' command.

However, when i type "setdpmserver.exe -dpmservername DPM -isnondomainserver -username administrator", after entering the administrator password. i get errors:

"error id:32692. please make sure that you have administrator privileges on this computer and are running this program from an elevated command prompt."

which admin account do i have to use? the local computer or the domain account? anyway i tried both but don't work.

regards,

Steve

Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, the account is created locally on the client. It will be listed in the Users with a description "DPM Backup Account".

Thanks,

Marc

• Marked as answer by CWS11 Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:04 AM
    Friday, April 1, 2011 12:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

Please make sure you are opening the command windows with administrative privledge (right click choose "Run as administrator")

The username you specify in the setdpmserver command is a new user account which you will also use when you attach the agent in the DPM console.

This is a pretty good walk through of setting up protection of workgroup machines:

http://www.scdpmonline.org/111protecting-a-workgroup-computer-with-dpm-2010-easy-.aspx

Thanks,

Marc

Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:34 PM
  • The new acct is create on the local workgroup machine? So, if i have 10 local workgroup clients, it will create an individual acct on each client?

Friday, April 1, 2011 3:43 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, the account is created locally on the client. It will be listed in the Users with a description "DPM Backup Account".

Thanks,

Marc

• Marked as answer by CWS11 Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:04 AM
    Friday, April 1, 2011 12:04 PM