Auto deploy not working, manual deploy shuts ESXi down RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to deploy any of the clients on to any of my servers / computers on the network via SCCM 2012. If I try to click "Install Client" nothing happens. If I go to any specific computer and try the manual method (as described my MS), My entire ESXi shuts down??? how does one have to do with another? I have tried this multiple times and get the same outcome. Why cannot I load the clients on the computers?

Ron Sweatland

Monday, November 9, 2015 6:28 PM

Answers

• Client push: examine ccm.log on the site server.
    Manual install: check ccmsetup.log on the client.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

• Proposed as answer by Narcoticoo Monday, November 9, 2015 6:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Frank Dong Friday, December 4, 2015 9:18 AM
    Monday, November 9, 2015 6:37 PM

All replies

• Client push: examine ccm.log on the site server.
    Manual install: check ccmsetup.log on the client.

• Proposed as answer by Narcoticoo Monday, November 9, 2015 6:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Frank Dong Friday, December 4, 2015 9:18 AM
    Monday, November 9, 2015 6:37 PM
  • On the site server:

ERROR: Failed to connect to the \\*******\admin$ share using account 'Machine Account'  $$<SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER><11-10-2015 07:36:13.387+300><thread=17736 (0x4548)>

Why is it trying to use "Machine Account" and not AD like I have it setup?

Also any insight why it shuts down the ESXi when I try to manually install it? I cannot check logs because none are made.  

Ron Sweatland

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:25 PM
  • ??? Has no one run into this issue before?

Ron Sweatland

Thursday, November 12, 2015 3:36 PM
  • Well you did not provide enough details. Just a line from a log does not help as it is taken out of context. Provide some more lines.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 3:46 PM
  • No, I've personally never encountered a client deployment shutting down an ESXi server.

I have dealt with client deployment issues though.  If you are using client push ("Install Client" from the console), do you have a client push account defined in Administration | Site Configuration | Sites | Client Installation Settings? Define an account there and make sure that account has local administrator permissions on the systems to which you are deploying the client.  Also, make sure that the admin$ share is available and that Windows Firewall is not blocking WMI inbound to your computers.

Jeff

Thursday, November 12, 2015 3:46 PM
  • It would be much easier to look at the log(s) if they were uploaded to OneDrive or some other site.

Jeff

Thursday, November 19, 2015 4:19 PM
  • Cleaned up and I agree. Mr. Torsten Meringer did not give an option of that other than "you did not provide enough details". I am more than happy to email, or upload the logs to someone for their viewing.

Ron Sweatland

Thursday, November 19, 2015 4:29 PM
  • If you can upload them to OneDrive, then provide the link here in a post.  That would allow me or someone else to review them and provide feedback.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thursday, November 19, 2015 5:43 PM