none
HealthVault Connection Center and BC58 bloodpressure meter from Beurer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have troubles with uploading data from Beurer BC58 blood pressure meter to HealthVault. Please, help me. Here is what I have done:

- working on Windows 8.1 64bit

- after connecting a BC58 do USB port, new "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port" device appears, but with error (cannot start this device)

on Prolific website there is statement that they don't support specific chips on Win8, but after downloading older driver from Buerer web site (installing it and rollbacking newer :) ) finally device has started

- downloaded HV Connection Center and installed it

- selected Add Device,  then Try another way..., selected SINOVO and then Beurer BC58

- HVCC downloaded a driver for BC58 and another app "SINOVO Connection Center"

So far - all good. Now I tried to upload measurments. This is what happened:

- started HVCC, selected Beurer BC58 device and clicked Upload now

- then "SINOVO Connection Center" appeared with this new USB-Serial COM port selected

- after clicking Next buton that SINOVO app frozen totaly.

I'm stuck and I don't know where to ask: at Microsoft, Sinovo or Beurer?

If you have any idea, please share with me.

Best,

JanuszCz.

Janusz Czudek

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I will contact Sinovo to see if they have heard of this issue and will let you know when I hear back from them.

Thanks for your patience and understanding

Tomas

MS HealthVault Support

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 11:59 PM
  • Hello Janusz,

I contacted Sinovo and they think they have a solution to this.  Can you please create a support ticket so that we can work with you directly to resolve this issue.

To create a support ticket go here http://support.microsoft.com/ph/15242/en-US  then Select "Get Microsoft Technical Support"  then select "Questions about an approved device...".  Then in comments section please state that you contacted us via Forums and please escalate this issue. 

Thanks for your attention to this matter

Tomas

MS HealthVault Support

• Proposed as answer by Tomas El Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:44 PM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:43 PM
  • Thanks Tomas,

Issue escalated. If I you need some additional technical details please don't hesistate to contact me.

Regards,

JCz.

Janusz Czudek

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:08 PM
  • Hi, I have had a similar problem with a Jazz Wavesence blood glucose meter. One thing to check for which helped me to a point was to ensure that no default application is running when you plug your device in.

When I used the connection centre database to download the device it failed and locked up so I had to go to the device manufactures website and download the driver and programme. Once I had done this I started the connection centre again and when prompted to install I clicked close and initially it failed and locked up. However I then run the device application itself and realised that when the device was plugged in the programme started automatically which then locked the port / usb up preventing connection centre from running and locked up. I disabled automatic start up in the manufactures programme and then restarted everything, this time it connected to the device without a problem.

The only downside now is that I cannot download data from my device. I have an assumption here in that I live in the UK so my date time format is dd/MM/yyyy and not M/d/yyyy so the data appears to be corrupted when trying to upload the data. I don't think at this stage that the local settings are taken into account and US based hense why I have a problem uploading.

However just check using task manger that when you connect the device that something else is not running a background app locking the connection port up. All you have to do is stop it in task manger and then run the connection centre, if it connects fine then you will know it is a background app causing the problem.

Saturday, March 1, 2014 11:01 AM
  • Hello Steve,

I contacted Sinovo about the issue that Janusz is experiencing and they provided some steps to try. If you would like to try them as well please create a support ticket and if you add the words ("discussed in forum, please escalate", that will help route the issue to the escalation team.

To create a support ticket go here http://support.microsoft.com/ph/15242/en-US  then Select "Get Microsoft Technical Support"  then select "Questions about an approved device..."

thanks

Tomas

MS HealthVault Support

Monday, March 3, 2014 4:36 PM