Broken Clients - Group Policy - CCMSetup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've posted a few times on the best way to revive broken clients.  I have several machines that only have half of the actions installed with the client and they show up in the console as not having a client.  I can manually uninstall the client and reinstall it, and I was also working on a PSEXEC script in order to do this.  I also noticed that if I simply run 'ccmsetup' on the machine it'll fix itself after chugging through things for 5 or so minutes.

My question is, can I create a Group Policy Startup Script that runs 'C:\Windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe?'  What impact would this have on devices with the client?  Would this impact GP Processing, startup speed, etc?  Also, can I leverage the ADM Templates included with the SCCM Install to accomplish the same thing?

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:38 PM

All replies

• did you look at Jason client startup script http://blog.configmgrftw.com/?page_id=349 .this might help you in fixing the client issues rather simply going with C:\Windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe Via GPO. 

I would not go with ccmsetup.exe on all clients without verifying which are unhealty/no sccm clients on them.

If you have sccm client is installed on them without any issues and not reporting back(may be client install flag enabled) ,I would intiate DDR using collection command tool.

Please click on "vote as Helpful" if you feel this post helpful to you.

Eswar Koneti | My Tech blog: www.eskonr.com | Linkedin: Eswar Koneti

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:04 AM
  • I'm only theorising here, but how about having a VBScript which enumerates the available actions via WMI and if all of the usual actions are not present then run the ccmsetup executable?  I've seen and used scripts which enumerate the actions and then run a specific one to trigger things like hardware inventory etc. - so I'd imagine such a script to count these actions available would be possible.

My Personal Blog: http://madluka.wordpress.com

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:17 PM