Help Deploying Forefront in Single Domain/Forest RRS feed

• Question

• Phillip Windrell, Forefront MVP, suggested I ask this Question here in response to it on another forum.  I have taken over as the Sys Ad in a new company and they use Forefront Client Security exclusively for antivirus.  After looking it over, I realized (and confirmed with the person who used to have this job) that there was no Forefront server installed.  Oh joy.  I have deployed Forefront onto the server on which it used to reside and created a "default deployment" policy.  I see the policy in GPMC.  I linked it to my test OU.  I created a WSUS update policy and also placed it on that test OU.  My machine shows in RSoP that the two GPOs are being deployed to the test machine, however, the test machine, after over 24 hours, is not installing the client.

This is a Forefront newbie question, and I admit my own lack of knowledge here.  What am I missing?  I would be happy to post any requested policies, etc.  This is a rather hot topic here, as apparently they have not deployed any AV to new machines in over two months and have not updates signatures on those machines which were deployed in that same amount of time.

Help is much appreciated.

Justin

Monday, May 9, 2011 3:53 PM

Answers

All replies