none
administrative task missing in timesheet in Pwa 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Some weeks administrative tasks doesn't  show up in some users timesheet in PWA 2010

Can someone advice why?

Thursday, November 6, 2014 4:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• Project help --

I have no idea why, but I would ask if you have installed the latest Service Packs and Cumulative Updates to your Microsoft Project Server, SharePoint, and Microsoft Project desktop applications.  Also, what happens if the user deletes the timesheet and then recreates it?  Do the Administrative tasks appear or not?  Is there any chance the users have deleted the Administrative tasks and then complained they are missing (aka mischief)?  Let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:02 PM
  • In addition to Dale's reply, it could be that some administrative lines have been switched from "visible" to "not visible".

Then if a user has already created his timesheet, he won't be impacted by the change and the admin line will still be there. He will see the change only when creating a new timesheet. On the contrary for a user who is creating his timesheet AFTER the change, the admin line will not show up. It could explain this unexpected behavior.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:15 PM
  • I will check on Service Packs and Cumulative Updates. when I deleted and recreated the timesheet got the following error message and then hit OK and it got created without admin tasks.

Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:17 PM
  • No i have checked thats not the case as only one user is not able to see Admin Tasks.
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:22 PM
  • Then some assignments of the resource might be corrupted. I'd suggest that you dig into this user's assignments eventually deleting the remaining work for those assignments, publish the project and create back new assignments.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:40 PM
  • The service package which we have currently is 

Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:42 PM
  • Here are the latest CU. I think you are not quite up to date, this KB is from November 2012.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, November 6, 2014 5:47 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Could you please guide me steps to install Service pack as I have IT team remote.

Is it very technical?

Monday, November 10, 2014 8:26 PM
  • Unfortunately, I'm not technical enough to install CU, I can't help you out on this.

Hope this helps,

Monday, November 10, 2014 8:39 PM