none
GPO users doesn't work with Domain Controler, but works with Authenticated User

Question

• Hello,

I made a GPO, who is only mapping drive,

On Security Filtering, when It's Domaine Controloer, it doesn't work

when I change it for Autenticated Users, it works.

I give it Full Acces on Delegation 

If you need more information let me know

Thanks

CZ

Thursday, August 11, 2016 2:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Actually, Group policy preferences drive mapping can target users or groups. It is in the User Configuration, not Computer.

Since domain controller is a computer, to meet your requirement, you may consider GP loopback processing:

Loopback processing of Group Policy

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231287

Policies will only apply to users when logging on to certain computers.

Brief steps here:

1. Create a new GPO set the map the drive in user configuration.

2. In the same GPO, set computer configuration-->Administrative template--> System --> Group Policy ---> use group policy loopback accessing mode: Merge

3. Put new GPO link in the OU where you want take effective of the computers in that OU.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 12, 2016 5:42 AM

All replies

• Hi CZ,

The question is to which object should the GPO apply?

Did you configure Network Drive Mapping by GPP in the user part of the GPO?

I need some more Information - please provide what you are trying to achieve.

Don't mess with the default permissions granted on a new GPO unless you don't know what you are doing.

best regards Switch

MCITP Enterprise Administrator
    MCSA Windows Server 2012
    MCTS Windows 7 Configuration

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Edited by Switch1210 Friday, August 12, 2016 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2016 11:59 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Actually, Group policy preferences drive mapping can target users or groups. It is in the User Configuration, not Computer.

Since domain controller is a computer, to meet your requirement, you may consider GP loopback processing:

Loopback processing of Group Policy

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231287

Policies will only apply to users when logging on to certain computers.

Brief steps here:

1. Create a new GPO set the map the drive in user configuration.

2. In the same GPO, set computer configuration-->Administrative template--> System --> Group Policy ---> use group policy loopback accessing mode: Merge

3. Put new GPO link in the OU where you want take effective of the computers in that OU.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 12, 2016 5:42 AM