Word Online RunFonts Inconsistent RRS feed

• Question

• The Word Online editing view is not correctly handling RunFonts in docx files and causing the incorrect fonts to be displayed. The correct fonts are displayed in the Word Online Reading View and locally installed versions of Word. 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/documentformat.openxml.wordprocessing.runfonts%28v=office.15%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Steps to reproduce:
    1) Create a new Word document in Office 2013 with the font as Calibri and type a line of text. 
    2) Save the document as a docx
    3) Extract the contents of the docx
    4) Adjust the document.xml to add rFonts for the line of text: <w:r><w:rPr><w:rFonts w:eastAsia="Times New Roman"/></w:rPr>
    5) Repackage the docx

Results:
    Office 2013 - Text displays in Calibri 
    Word Online (Editing View) - Text displays as Times New Roman
    Word Online (Reading View) - Text displays as Calibri

The above is the "simple" example. I have other cases of documents where formatting such as font size and underlining are incorrectly displayed in the Word Online editing view but look fine in the reading view and on local versions of word.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>The correct fonts are displayed in the Word Online Reading View and locally installed versions of Word. 

I notice that the issue only occurred in Word Online with Editing View and there is no issue with Word applications in Desktop application.

Please understand that this forum focuses on general discussion for Word desktop application. For your scenario, I suggest we can ask for help in Word Online forum for more suggestion:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_online

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 24, 2017 10:24 AM