Context menu option... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I tried something but i get permission denied.

I made a script:

@echo off
    FOR /F "TOKENS=1* DELIMS= " %%A IN ('DATE/T') DO SET CDATE=%%B
    FOR /F "TOKENS=1,2 eol=/ DELIMS=/ " %%A IN ('DATE/T') DO SET mm=%%B
    FOR /F "TOKENS=1,2 DELIMS=/ eol=/" %%A IN ('echo %CDATE%') DO SET dd=%%B
    FOR /F "TOKENS=2,3 DELIMS=/ " %%A IN ('echo %CDATE%') DO SET yyyy=%%B

Start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sfttray.exe" /launch "7-Zip File Manager 9.20.0.0" a %mm%%dd%%yyyy%.7z %1

This works as standalone script. I saved it as 7zip.bat..

Then i made two registry keys...

; Add Verb
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\*\shell\AddToTodaysArchive_verb_key]
    @="Add file to today's archive"
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\*\shell\AddToTodaysArchive_verb_key\command]
    @="\"\\netwowkshare\7zip.bat \"%1\""

Still i get permission denied.. what am i doing wrong..???

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:14 PM

All replies

• What is presenting the access denied error message? Have you determine where the issue is by monitoring the action with Process Monitor?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 1:18 PM
  • No i cant find the problem...

It has something todo with app-v probally...

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 1:29 PM
    • What is presenting the access denied error message (Windows, 7zip etc)?
    • So you've monitored with Process Monitor and not seen ACCESS DENIED entries? If you're receiving access denied error messages from your application, then a Process Monitor scan run during while attempting the task will pick that up. Filter on ACCESS DENIED operations in Process Monitor.

Without knowing which process is causing the access denied error, there's nothing to go on.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 1:34 PM
  • The Citrix users are getting the access denied. Windows 2008 R2 They get the access denied when they want 2 archive something. I needed to make my own contextmenu Because app-v can't.
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:00 PM
  • Hello,

That doesn't really explain anything to Aarons questions? Perhaps if you explained a bit more of what the users are experiencing - that would make it easier for people to help you

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:28 AM
  • When a user does a right click mouse button on a file and wants to archive it with the context menu button i made.. the user gets prompt with access denied.
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:12 AM
  • Hello,

Yes, Aaron confirmed that he understood that part. I can also confirm that yes, the issue you are experiencing relates to the fact that users recevies an error message that states "Access denied"

Aaron asked;

What is presenting the access denied error message (Windows, 7zip etc)?

In essence, we are not understanding if the error message is given by App-V, Windows, 7zip, or something else ? Without understanding this - we can't help you

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:14 AM