Can't submit generic Incident in SM Portal if User is End User RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have a Testuser who is in the End User Role and i can't submit the generic Incident on the Service Manager Portal if any relationship field (Assigned to , Related Items...) is filled out in the template by default (if blanc it works). 

I already changed

• p_GetRestrictrictionsOnOperationsInProfile
    • p_AddRestrictrictionToOperationInProfile
    • p_RemoveRestrictrictionFromOperationInProfile.

Error in the SMPortalTrace.log is:

Error,2014-01-21 15:32:55.8929841,Failed to create request.,Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.DataProviderException: Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.DataProviderException: The user Domain\testuser1 does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation. ---> Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessEnterpriseManagementException: The user Domain\testuser1 does not have sufficient permission to perform the operation.
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ConnectorFrameworkConfigurationServiceProxy.ProcessDiscoveryData(Guid discoverySourceId, IList`1 entityInstances, IDictionary`2 streams, ObjectChangelist`1 extensions)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.CommitInternal(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, Guid discoverySourceId, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.EnterpriseManagementObjectProjection.CommitInternal(Guid discoverySourceId, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.EnterpriseManagementObjectProjection.CommitInternal(Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Portal.DataProviders.CreateRequestProvider.CreateRequest(TemplateReader requestDataObject)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.DataProviderCommandMethod.Invoke(CoreDataGateway gateWay, DataCommand command)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.CoreDataGateway.Execute(DataCommand command)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.Server.DataAccessService.Execute(TransportDataCommand command)
       at SyncInvokeExecute(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Anyone an idea how to solve that Problem ?

Thanks

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In order for the End User to create the Assigned User relationship, he would actually need to have access on that user object in the CMDB as well.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

• Marked as answer by Reality1987 Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:41 AM
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

May be you can look into the User Roles of which Testuser are in. Check for the access to the form and make sure the Generic incident Template is checked.

Regards,
    Choo Hoong

Monday, February 10, 2014 7:31 PM
  • Hi Choo Hong

Thanks for the reply. 

The User is only in one role and the Generic Incident template is checked. 

I can see and fill out the generic Incident template.

The Problem appears when i submit the Incident, and this only if in the template a Group or User is preassigned as Assigned to User (If Assigned to is Blank i can submit the Generic Incident via Portal)

Regards

• Edited by Reality1987 Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:59 PM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:22 AM
  • Hi,

In order for the End User to create the Assigned User relationship, he would actually need to have access on that user object in the CMDB as well.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

• Marked as answer by Reality1987 Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:41 AM
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:36 PM
  • Thanks Anders

That fixed the Problem.

I added the User Object to a Group and activated it in User Roles under "Configuration item Groups" and it works

Best regards

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:47 AM