WSUS Computers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We had to create a New WSUS server recently due to our legacy server being a W2008 box.

I have built a W2012 server, installed the relevant roles and configured the WSUS server. I have not done anything with the current GPO's. After completing a gpresult /r on the server I see all the relevant GPO's that should be applied, however, when I look at WSUS console and in particular the folders where the clients should reside for the site I do not see anything. There should be servers, desktops, and Laptop clients present.

Does anyone know the best way to trouble shoot this problem? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Friday, January 3, 2020 9:51 AM

All replies

• You should change IP ad server name of new WSUS W2012 into the old name and IP of W2008.

for more troubleshoot, use this,

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Troubleshooting-WSUS-d63da113?redir=0

Sunday, January 5, 2020 10:57 AM
  • Hi,

Generally speaking, for WSUS 3.2 and earlier, port 80 for HTTP and 443 for HTTPS will be used, WSUS 6.2 and later (at least Windows Server 2012), port 8530 for HTTP and 8531 for HTTPS will be used. So the first step I recommend is to check whether the group policy of the user pointing to the new WSUS server has been adjusted to the correct WSUS server address and port number.

After that, if the new WSUS server's computers list still doesn't show any clients, consider checking the client for any errors during the process of checking for updates, which will help analyze the problem.

Or refer to this wizard for troubleshooting: "Troubleshooting issues with WSUS client agents".

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 6, 2020 3:01 AM
  • Hi,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 10, 2020 5:44 AM
  • Hi Guys,

Sorry - The problem has been resolved. There was an issue in on of the GPO's. In fact it was a simple type that was constantly missed by us.

Regards and thanks for taking the time out to respond. Appreciated.

Friday, January 10, 2020 8:10 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for sharing, and glad the issue has been resolved.
    Now consider the helpful reply in the thread as the answer, so that more members can quickly locate the solution.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
    Yic

Monday, January 13, 2020 2:00 AM