Need help on App Controller Customization RRS feed

• Question

• We are trying to propose System Center VMM as a solution to management but the users expects an integrated customized UI instead of the default App Controller, how much can we perform customization on it? I can't seem to find any information except company logo. I assume the App Controller is built on top of SharePoint?

And if customization is not an option, would writing our own UI to call VMM API a feasible approach?

Urgently need help, would appreciate any kind assistance and suggestions.

Monday, September 3, 2012 6:44 PM

Answers

• Hi ptoso,

App Controller doesn't support customization beyond what you've seen for changing the company logo. App Controller isn't built on top of SharePoint - it is a Silverlight web application.

We are tracking what customers would like to see for customization and I would love to know what type of customization you would like to do.

Depending on the functionality you need, you could build your own UI based on calls to the VMM PowerShell API (and the Windows Service Management REST API if you want to include Windows Azure functionality). Rather than starting from scratch though, I recommend having a look at the following options:

Kind Regards,

Richard

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 3:55 PM