Sharepoint2010-webpage password prompt issue RRS feed

• Question

• Am self-learning sharepoint2010 with not much prior exp in microsoft server, ads,dns,iis etc. Just went for a 2day training and now learning everything from websites and books. OK, here is my setup.

got desktop with MS server 2008r2 and dns is installed in it.
    got a laptop with VMware and sp2010,iis,ads,ms sql r2 are installed in virtual.
    got a wifi router, so created a forest in desktop and laptop is a member of desktop. Both are connected well, i can ping each other machines well. Sharepoint is also installed, central admin page opens well.

I have created a web app (intranet.kumar.com), created sitecollections (intranet.kumar.com/sites/testing1). When i open this site from within the server where SP2010 is installed, i keep getting password prompts. Even if i enter the admin pwd its not accepting.

In DNS i have created pointer record, forward and reverse lookup zone is created. In IIS, site is running, i have added the site to trusted sites in IE options > local intranet.

My doubts :

What exactly should i enter in forward & reverse look up zones ?
    What else can i troubleshoot ?

Some one please assist.
    Sunday, January 26, 2014 4:21 AM

All replies

• Sounds like the loopback check is still enabled on the server... this TechNet post details the right way to go about resolving the issue without disabling it entirely.

Please mark my reply as helpful (the up arrow) if it was useful to you and please mark it an answer (the check box) if it answered your question! Thank you!

Danny Jessee | MCPD - SharePoint Developer 2010 | MCTS - SharePoint 2010, Configuring
    Blog: http://dannyjessee.com/blog | Twitter: @dannyjessee

Sunday, January 26, 2014 11:44 AM