none
Manage Timesheets - Delegate notation in Status Column RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with a user who has experienced an issue with Published tasks not appearing in the relevant persons timesheet.

A user is assigned to tasks in a Project, they are their own Assignment Owner, their booking type is committed and the Project is published. Whilst we can see their workload when selecting them from the Resource Centre and viewing both Resource Assignments and Resource Availability the tasks do not appear in their Timesheet.

Project Server is using Single Entry Mode but Protect User Updates is NOT enabled.

Using Delegation we can see what they can see.

We have deleted and re-created the timesheet for the window of time when their tasks are scheduled to occur but still no joy.

In the Manage Timesheets grid - Delegate notation is displayed in the Status Column for the Timesheet where their tasks are missing, is this of any relevance and what does it mean?

Any ideas what is going on?

** More Context** - version is 2013 and the customer has a hosted instance of Project Server 2013.

Dominic Moss MAPM, MCTS, MCITP, MCT
    Wellingtone PM News
    Wellingtone EPM Site
    Wellingtone PM Recruitment

• Edited by Dominic Moss Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:42 PM More context
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Dominic,

I got this issue once, also with SEM acivated.

Try this:

• change assignment owner to any value (project owner for example)
    • publish the project plan
    • change again the assignment owner to the initial user 
    • publish again the project plan

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:34 PM
  • Dominic,

Couple more ideas for check:

• is the "Publish" field on the tasks set to no?
    • Are the Tasks Closed for Updates, by any chance?
    • Is there a filter on the timesheet view?

The delegate notation indicates that the timesheet was created in a delegate session, but I do not think it changes the behavior of timesheet and tasks.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:35 PM
  • Prasanna,

Thanks for responding to my question - I forgot to mention that the issue is being encountered in Project 2013 Hosted not On-premise.

I have checked and the publish field is set to Yes

In Project Server 2013 closed to updates is replaced by Locked which can only be seen in a PWA Project view, the task field doesn't show in Project Pro. Tasks are not "locked".

I checked and there was no filter on the timesheet.

Still trying to figure out what Delegate means in the Status Column of the Manage Timesheets view.

Wellingtone PM News
    Wellingtone EPM Site

Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:38 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for your suggestion - I forgot to mention that the issue is being encountered in a Hosted Instance of Project Server 2013, I will investigate your suggestion and see if it resolves the challenge being encountered.

Wellingtone PM News
    Wellingtone EPM Site

Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:39 PM
  • Guillaume,

Thanks for your suggestions - I may test them to see if they resolve the challenge. The issue is being encountered in Project Server 2013 in a hosted environment.

Wellingtone PM News
    Wellingtone EPM Site

Thursday, November 7, 2013 9:17 PM
  • A little bit of research found this Blog with an explanation as to what Delegate in the Status column means.

http://epmablog.com/microsoft-project-server-2013-delegated-timesheet/

However I have yet to test if this explanation provides resolution. I would have thought creating a timesheet as a delegate would still populate with current tasks for the person who the delegate is acting on behalf of.

Wellingtone PM News
    Wellingtone EPM Site

Thursday, November 7, 2013 9:24 PM
  • I have the same problem, managed to solve?In the Manage Timesheets grid - Delegate notation is displayed in the Status Column for the Timesheet where their tasks are missing, is this of any relevance and what does it mean?
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 5:03 PM