file association RRS feed

• Question

• i am attempting to add a printer to windows 7. I am getting a screen that says which program do yu want to use to open this file. The canon it tells me I am experiencing file association problems. Please help.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 1:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations and associate the file type with a proper program.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, August 8, 2011 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Gpjohnson, you said.. I am getting a screen that says which program do yu want to use to open this file.

Which file ARE you trying to open?

To add printers you can go to the Start button (or into Control Panel) go to 'Devices and Printers' and select 'Add Printer' from the selector across the top of the window..

Hope that helps, pkn

If my post was helpful - give it a Vote. If it helps solve your problem - propose it as Answer. ;-)
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:57 AM
  • Hi,

You can go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations and associate the file type with a proper program.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, August 8, 2011 6:42 AM