none
VPN Stopped working after update RRS feed

• Question

• I use the Widows 10 VPN to connect to my server a work. Some time ago it just stopped connecting.  I have gone online to different forums to no avail.  I even did a clean install of Windows 10 figuring my computer was corrupted in some way again to no avail.  I am very frustrated and as such contacted our IT person who worked tirelessly on my computer to make it connect and he also was not able to do so.  I tried almost every fix that I found out there but I still cannot connect.  I have a Lenovo Think Pad using Intel Core i&-6600U CPUn2.60 GHz, 64 Bit OS.  Windows 10 Pro Version 1803.  Is there anyone out there who has the same problem or has found the solution to this problem
    Thursday, November 1, 2018 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Recently, many community members have encountered the same problems as you after installing Windows 10 October Update.

We will report this issue to Microsoft as soon as possible.

If we have any updates or any thoughts about this issue, we will keep you posted as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Travis

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, November 2, 2018 6:51 AM
  • Thank you.  Any help you can give me regarding this issue would be appreciated.
    Monday, November 5, 2018 11:56 PM
  • I am having this issue and have been trying to get help from my VPN provider. Private Internet Access. They have been trying to have me reset my network settings. I have done so to no success. Please tell me there is a fix for this. I noticed there was a similar issue for Windows 7 and it had a hotfix, but for that issue Windows 10 had the fix built in apparently. If you search tho you will find it.It was definately after the update which I only got maybe a week ago or less. I came home and tried to reconnect my VPN and WiFi which drop sometimes during the day and it started to disconnect my WiFi.

Thanks,
    Tom

Saturday, November 24, 2018 1:57 AM
  • The fix in the link did not work for me. Have to resort to system restore and turning off updates.
    Sunday, December 16, 2018 1:29 AM
  • I am also having issue connecting to VPN but after installing the latest May 2019 (1903) in Windows 10. I was connected to the business network connection so contact the network administrator for the help, but got NO help!

Later I searched Google and tried lots of solutions given in the articles. But one solution works for me is using rasphone.exe tool.

try using this, this may works..!!!

Source: http://www.pcerror-fix.com/resolve-vpn-not-working-problem

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-not-working-on-windows-10-1903/d23472ac-a113-4573-a9b7-e97284f62afe

Monday, August 26, 2019 10:56 AM