none
Turn off UAC for all users without reboot required

Question

• I have a situation that UAC must be disabled in order to use a web based application features like merging data into MS Word, uploading/downloading within this application. I disabled UAC using GPO to all machines but for the next person that will log on to the same computer the function of the web application mentioned will not work until the user goes to the Ctrl Panel > User Accounts > User Account Control and click OK on the warning message that says 'This setting will take effect after you click OK and reboot' . I have like 1200 computer to manage and this causing big problem.

How can I automate using maybe GPO or pushing a register entry or anything you can think to turn off UAC without a reboot required or even to do auto reboot after the GPO is applied. When this yellow exclamation in Ctrl Panel is ON with a message 'This setting will take effect after you click OK and reboot'  the application will not work.

This 3rd part vendor are unable to make this application work while UAC is ON and I wonder how other application makers make their app work while UAC is ON.

Thanks you for your help.

Friday, November 06, 2015 8:16 AM

Answers