Security Group for NAP Exemptions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I make a Lab Test of NAP DHCP enforcement and i have some problems. To exempt DHCP client computers from DHCP enforcement , Microsoft book's (Windows Server 2008 Networking and Network Access Protection ) said :
    "To exempt DHCP client computer from DHCP enforcement, create a security group whose members contain the computers account of exempted computers and create a network policy that grant access and uses Windows Group condition set to the security group. Not use the Health Policy Condition"

So I made this steps, but they don"t work. My servers was registered in Active Directory and i don't have error.

Anyone have an idea ???

Thanks for help !!!!
    Friday, August 8, 2008 6:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• So, after many research, I remark that if you enable Nap Agent you can use Windows, User, Computer Group, Operating System conditions. So if your computers have a nap software, you can make very good network policy. But other computer like Windows 2000, Windows 2003 don't have a client computers and you don't managed it. Your lastest solution are to create a network Policy with MAC adress conditions. But if you have 100 computers without NAP soft, it's very difficult to managed them.

Some many problem with NAP solution .....mhhhhhh
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

To exempt non NAP-capable computers, create a policy with the condition "non NAP-capable" and provide these with full network access. Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Thanks,
    -Greg
    Friday, September 19, 2008 1:12 AM