Another 7600 Build problem RRS feed

• Question

• I got a new Samsung notebook about two weeks ago from Best Buy, with Win7 Home Edition and webroot anti-virus preinstalled.  I've had 0 problems and the computer works great, even this morning/afternoon... and then I drive down to visit family tonight and it refuses to run any programs for me when it even fully boots up.  No wireless here so I can't connect to the internet on my computer.

I just don't understand how it can run flawlessly, and somehow after a 2 hour drive and going out to dinner I have to wait 10 years for it to even boot up?

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:41 AM Moved to appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows 7))
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

What did you do before you shut down your computer last? Based on you description, I suggest you could use Last Good Known Configuration to see how it works.

Follow these steps:

1.    Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer by clicking the Start button, clicking the arrow next to the Shut Down button, and then clicking Restart.

2.    Do one of the following:

·        If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by shutting down and restarting your computer.

·        If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start, and then press F8.

3.    On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration (advanced), and then press Enter.

If the issue persists, you can try System Restore.

Good luck.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, October 6, 2010 8:32 AM
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 6:12 AM

All replies

• Without any additional information, no one can help you. It's like you would have told: "Recently, I bought a new car. All of a sudden, it won't start." A well known scenario, and no mechanic will find the cause without getting a look at the car.
    "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” (Thomas J. Watson, Sr.)
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:48 AM
  • Hi,

What did you do before you shut down your computer last? Based on you description, I suggest you could use Last Good Known Configuration to see how it works.

Follow these steps:

1.    Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer by clicking the Start button, clicking the arrow next to the Shut Down button, and then clicking Restart.

2.    Do one of the following:

·        If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by shutting down and restarting your computer.

·        If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start, and then press F8.

3.    On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration (advanced), and then press Enter.

If the issue persists, you can try System Restore.

Good luck.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, October 6, 2010 8:32 AM
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 6:12 AM