Citizen GSX-240 printer driver problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have an old parallel printer Citizen GSX-240 which was hooked up to my XP machine.  I also have a windows 7 STARTER edition Laptop.  I have no problem sharing this printer in the network.  When I browse for it from my windows 7 starter edition, the GSX-240 appeared and installed it right away.
    Now I have now changed my xp machine to a Windows 7 premium home 64 bit edition.  I installed the old printer gsx-240 to the parallel port of the windows 7 64 bit edition.  The drivers appeared in the windows update search.  Now I tried to share this printer with my laptop (windows 7 starter edition 32 bit).  When I browse, I see the printer listed.  Unfortunately it wont install the driver as it is saying that there is no driver it can find.  Just wondering why the windows 7 32 bit starter could not find the driver from the windows 7 64 bit machine.  I never had any problem when the printer was hooked up into my old xp machine.
    I searched the citizen website and it tells me that they have drivers for windows 7.  But when I try to install this printer, gsx-240, citizen does not appear in the list of printers for windows update.  I
    Monday, February 18, 2013 1:04 AM

Answers