SCOM SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Which SCOM sdk class is mapped with basemanagemententity table
    Monday, March 29, 2010 11:09 AM

Answers

• One way is to look at your console.  The list of managed computers in in the global computer views.  The columns in that view show the server roles that are being monitored and the health of those server roles.

Depending on the management packs you have, there can be thousands of different things being monitored - counters, events, services, physical assets, performance, availability of each web site, etc.  The list is a little hard to imagine anyone using as a flat list.

The management packs you have imported can be explored as well - look at the discoveries then the rules that target these discoveries.  Read the guides.  Use MPViewer (blog download) - really helps you see what is possible in an MP.

Microsoft Corporation
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:41 PM

All replies

• What are you trying to do?
    Microsoft Corporation
    Monday, March 29, 2010 3:12 PM
  • I need the list of all the objects which are monitored by the SCOM server.
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:27 AM
  • If you mean all servers with agents then you can use powershell - this will list all agents and pipe out to a text file:

get-agent|export-csv -path c:\nodes.csv

Cheers

Graham

View OpsMgr tips and tricks at http://systemcentersolutions.wordpress.com/
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 7:18 AM
  • Thank you.

I need the following informations,

1.What are the servers or machine monitored by a scom server?

2.What are the applications,services,components(logical disk,processor) running in the server/machie which is monitored by a scom serevr?

3.Can I query SCOM SDK for getting above information?.If i can means...please guide me to do that.otherwise if it's possible by someother resources also..plz guide me..

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:49 AM
  • BaseManagedEntity table rows are roughly equivalent to an instance of the SDK class MonitoringObject.

Get-MonitoringObject (in powershell, or ManagementGroup.GetMonitoringObjects in pure SDK) will get you everything discovered in OpsMgr, use the "-MonitoringClass" parameter to narrow it down to the type of thing you are looking for.

Once you have a MonitoringObject, you can use it's methods to find children (GetRelatedMonitoringObjects) or parents.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:14 PM
  • One way is to look at your console.  The list of managed computers in in the global computer views.  The columns in that view show the server roles that are being monitored and the health of those server roles.

Depending on the management packs you have, there can be thousands of different things being monitored - counters, events, services, physical assets, performance, availability of each web site, etc.  The list is a little hard to imagine anyone using as a flat list.

The management packs you have imported can be explored as well - look at the discoveries then the rules that target these discoveries.  Read the guides.  Use MPViewer (blog download) - really helps you see what is possible in an MP.

Microsoft Corporation
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:41 PM