Fingerprint sensor RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I can't found the driver for HP Fingerprint sensor for our HP 8510p. If I update the driver manual "right click update driver software" it will be found the driver.

Can I use this installed driver and where can I found it?

thanks chris

Chris
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 8:14 AM

Answers

• hi johan

1.) I can't find it under softwaredistribution\download but I have found it under "c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository"

2.) where can I find the pnpid? Do you mean the hardware-id deviceclas-guid? (right click - properties - details)

Chris
    • Marked as answer by -- Chris -- Monday, October 25, 2010 6:49 AM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 6:45 AM

All replies

• You can find the downloaded driver in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download, just rename it to .cab and extract it using WinRAR.

You can also go to catalog.update.microsoft.com, search for the pnpid number, and download it there

/ Johan

Sunday, October 24, 2010 6:41 PM
  • hi johan

1.) I can't find it under softwaredistribution\download but I have found it under "c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository"

2.) where can I find the pnpid? Do you mean the hardware-id deviceclas-guid? (right click - properties - details)

Chris
    • Marked as answer by -- Chris -- Monday, October 25, 2010 6:49 AM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 6:45 AM
  • 1. all drivers that comes from Microsoft Update are stored in the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. The cabs will have names like 0efa3f8a313c5a295e23db431e3a2461e481d1b0, and you have to add the .cab extensions and use WinRAR to extract them. Don't use the built-on extractor in Windows since it breaks paths

2. Yes I mean the hardware id in the details, or just search for Authentec <whatever model> on Microsoft update

/ Johan

Monday, October 25, 2010 10:51 AM