none
Add or change one-time password email address manually RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I am seeking assistance to know if we can change or add one-time password email address manually. I have logged into Forefront Identity Manager 2010 as an admin and try to add or change one-time password for a user but it is greyed out. Is there any option to change OTP email address for a individual or bulk users manually instead of sync with database ?

Regards
    NAV

Sarwar

Thursday, November 28, 2019 7:06 AM

Answers

• I think the problem is the "Administration: Administrators can read and update Users" MPR. on my default installation, the One-Time Password Email Address is not one of the attributes listed in the allowed attributes list.
    • Edited by ChrisDoe Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by naveeds Wednesday, December 4, 2019 10:51 PM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Sure. You can set it manually, for individual users, or bulk update it using e.g. LithNet PowerShell or the Sync engine.

I attached a screenshot of the attribute that you should set or sync data to.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:49 PM
  • Hi Leo,

Thank you so much for reply. Please see the image that option is greyed out for me. Any suggestion how to make it editable ?

Regards

NAV

Sarwar

Thursday, November 28, 2019 11:31 PM
  • Hi Leo,

I will appreciate if you can reply please,

Regards
    NAV

Sarwar

Saturday, November 30, 2019 11:27 AM
  • Hi,

Ensure that you are logged in as Administrator.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Monday, December 2, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Thanks Leo again. Yes i have logged on as an administrator and able to modify almost all fileds except one-time password email and mobile.

Thx
    NAV

Sarwar

Monday, December 2, 2019 10:33 PM
  • Hi,

Check your User Edit RCDC, so that it contains the correct components for the attributes.

Br,

Leo

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 12:05 PM
  • Thanks Leo. I will try in the morning. Your help is much appreciated.

Sarwar

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 12:18 PM
  • Hi Leo,

I have checked these setting but not sure which one requires to be changed if needed ?

Can you advise ?

THX
    NAV

Sarwar

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 11:22 PM
  • I think the problem is the "Administration: Administrators can read and update Users" MPR. on my default installation, the One-Time Password Email Address is not one of the attributes listed in the allowed attributes list.
    • Edited by ChrisDoe Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:16 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:16 AM
  • Hi Chris,

Nice catch. Could be that!

Br,

Leo

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:33 AM
  • Hi,

For the RCDC, you'll need to check the XML. But this Chris's suggestion first.

Br,

Leo

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:34 AM
  • Great. Chris suggestions worked.

Sarwar

• Unmarked as answer by naveeds Wednesday, December 4, 2019 10:51 PM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 10:51 PM