none
Litetouch and related files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two questions related to Litetouch.

I created custom task sequence for testing Of2013. For testing the app I start Litetouch.wsf from test computer and get the mevu of available images (TSs)

1. I would like to copy lite touch with related files to a network share from which everyone can start Litetouch for Office installation/reinstallation. What are the files that should be copied with Litetouch.

2. Is there an option switch to present only Office 2013 task hiding  other images.

So ideally, I would like that user will click a shortcut for starting Litetouch and will be presented only with Office 2013 choice.

My Office 2013 task is placed in a folder "apps" under Task sequences on MDT.

Thanks.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Monday, August 11, 2014 11:04 AM

Answers

• 1) By default all your files are already on a share (the deployment share). if you need this share to be on another computer, copy the entire folder 'deploy' with all subfodlers, and share the folder.

2) You can hide individual taks sequences from the deployment wizard  in the properties of the task sequence.

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP

Monday, August 11, 2014 2:39 PM
  • If you're trying to create a deployment with just one task sequence available, you might be able to hide them as SenneVL had mentioned, though if you have a lot of content and task sequences in production, you might just want to create a linked deployment share with just the content you need offered.  Create a selection profile with the content and task sequence you wish to offer, set it up in a folder separate from your current share, and use that litetouch.wsf to offer that content.

• Marked as answer by pob579 Monday, August 11, 2014 7:53 PM
    Monday, August 11, 2014 2:49 PM

All replies

• 1) By default all your files are already on a share (the deployment share). if you need this share to be on another computer, copy the entire folder 'deploy' with all subfodlers, and share the folder.

2) You can hide individual taks sequences from the deployment wizard  in the properties of the task sequence.

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP

Monday, August 11, 2014 2:39 PM
  • If you're trying to create a deployment with just one task sequence available, you might be able to hide them as SenneVL had mentioned, though if you have a lot of content and task sequences in production, you might just want to create a linked deployment share with just the content you need offered.  Create a selection profile with the content and task sequence you wish to offer, set it up in a folder separate from your current share, and use that litetouch.wsf to offer that content.

• Marked as answer by pob579 Monday, August 11, 2014 7:53 PM
    Monday, August 11, 2014 2:49 PM
  • more info:

I added O2013 to the Applications. It's properly configured and could be deployed/added to any W7 image that are available.

I created APPS folder under TS and added O2013 package.

Now I Connect to deployment share and run litetouch from client computer. I presented with All Tasks available.

All Windows images and my APPS folder where I can select O2013 task . Installs as charm.

We have bunch of O2010 installation. So I would like to have an option for silent replacement of O2010 by 2013.

I want that a tech will have a shortcut to start LiteTouch from the computer with O2010. He should be presented only one option - O2013. Select it and run. O2010 is replaced by O2013.

Please provide simple step by step for above request.

MrBrooks,

I started to play with selection profile. Looks easy. When I ask step by step I am loosing one thing:

set it up in a folder separate from your current share. Please tell what I should do exactly. Sure all other tasks and packages should not be duplicated...

Just too many things to do right now so cannot concentrate on exact thing you saying :)

Thanks.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Monday, August 11, 2014 3:56 PM
  • MrBrooks,

I worked on Key Words (I guess so) that you mentioned in your suggestion:

Linked Deployment Share and Selection Profiles.

Created Selection Profile for O2013 only.

Created Linked DS. Now Replicating it and waiting for result. May be will work from the first shot :)

Takes a while to go through all available images for sync. Mount/Unmount.

I hope it will copy just one TS with good content....

Will let know.

Thanks for the tip!

• Edited by pob579 Monday, August 11, 2014 5:12 PM
    Monday, August 11, 2014 5:03 PM
  • After replication of Shares has finished, I tried to run litetouch from Linked Share. The job failed.

on a linked share I found 1GB of data in Boot folder (boot and ISO was created).

I guess I did a mistake when assigned selection profile to Linked share. I didn't select nothing but TS O2013.

I will try to redo with selection of Application node (will select only O2013) so it should copy the content.

Will let to know.

Thanks.

Monday, August 11, 2014 5:19 PM
  • Sorry it's a busy Monday.  You should see the folder being moved in the log files.
    Monday, August 11, 2014 6:16 PM
  • The missing thing was selection of O2013 application itself in Application node in Selection profile.

First I selected Task sequence only.

Finally... edited Selection profile selected Applications--O2013, O2013 custom TS was selected.

Run replication. BOOM! It works as a charm.

Cool studied something with a little Help of my ... forum!

Actually no manual copies. Everything is intuitive when know the direction.

Thanks.

When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad. Miles Davis

• Edited by pob579 Monday, August 11, 2014 8:08 PM
    Monday, August 11, 2014 8:07 PM