Microsoft Office has detected a problem with your Information Right Management configuration. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , I have a Windows Server 2012 RMS Cluster with Cryptograph Version 1 and trusted public certificates. I am using AD RMS at the moment with Exchange and it works fine via Outlook Webapp and client workstations.

I have a Windows 2008R2 Terminal Server which has Office2010 Pro Plus 32bit edition that cannot use ADRMS. The Windows Firewall is turned off on all profiles. The images below show some of the errors that are being presented on the terminal server.

1.This image . When I reboot the server , the first message states , retrieving rights management url and then the error message pops up.

2.When I try and protect a word document: A prompt pops up to sing in with a Windows Live ID or Use a Microsoft Account. 

3.The image below is the output from IRM Check. As you can see there is a warning about Office and there are no user or

machines certificates.

Sean

Thursday, December 5, 2013 4:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Sean -

In my experience, this error occurs when the client cannot contact the AD RMS server.  Can you confirm that the computer is domain-joined and you have registered the Service Connection Point?  This the default way the user finds its RMS cluster.  You can also direct the client using registry keys.

I also recommend trying to reach the licensing/certification pipelines directly using Internet Explorer to confirm you have connectivity from the client to the RMS server.  Open IE and navigate to https://adrmsurl.com/_wmcs/certification/certification.asmx and confirm you do not receive an error.

I hope that helps,

Micah LaNasa

Synergy Advisors

synergyadvisors.biz

Thursday, December 5, 2013 8:41 PM
  • Hi , Thanks for the reply , All of the urls for licensing etc.. work fine.

Sean

Sean

Monday, December 9, 2013 8:22 PM
  • Hi Sean. Can you enable MSDRM debug tracing for this client and reproduce the issue? If you can identify the lines involved in the error in the logs, post it here and I will take a look.

You can enable MSDRM tracing by following the instructions at:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7700.ad-rms-troubleshooting-client-side-tracing-msdrm.aspx

Enrique Saggese - Sr. Program Manager - Information Protection - Microsoft Corporation

Monday, December 9, 2013 11:35 PM
  • Hi Enrique, Sorry for the late reply. I have runt the analysis and have the log files HERE

A poiny to note. It is working fine on all machines except Citrix Desktop sessions and that is where I am having the issue.

Thanks 

Sean

Sean

Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:47 AM
  • There doesn't seem to be any MSDRM logging data in those logging files so either MSDRM never launched or logging was not properly configured. Is this a 64 bit server with 32 bit Office? In that case you have to put the TRACE flags under the Wow6432Node key in the registry for it to work.

On the other hand, some virtualization solutions and remoting platforms block low-level software like the RMS client from working. If you can get the log to capture MSDRM entries (you will see them easily because they have the [MSDRM] tag at the beginning) we can take a deeper look.

Enrique Saggese - Sr. Program Manager - Information Protection - Microsoft Corporation

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:04 AM