DC

-AD-DC  is Site1

-AD-DC  is Site2

-AD-DC  is Site3

-AD-DC  is Site4

-AD-DC  is Site5

-AD-DC  is Site6

when user log-in each authen via AD-DC at site

when i run below script on DC, report can't get status all site is show  but  script can show status replicate some site on report   Examle.   i run on 8.00 Am report show

DC

-AD-DC  is Site1

-AD-DC  is Site2

-AD-DC  is Site6

Some time show

DC

-AD-DC  is Site2

-AD-DC  is Site3

-AD-DC  is Site4

-AD-DC  is Site5

How to can get all site to show on the report ?

# ==============================================================================================
    # NAME: Check-Replication
    #
    # AUTHOR: Maish Saidel-Keesing
    # DATE  : 27/04/2010
    #
    # COMMENT: Will check the replication status and if there are failures will send an email to the
    # Assigned Addresses.
    # ** Requires Repadmin from the Windows resource Kit accessible in the default path **
    # ==============================================================================================

$from = "Replication Status<maishsk@gmail.com>"
    $to = "Maish<maishsk@gmail.com>"
    #Collect the replication info

#Check the Replication with Repadmin
    $workfile = D:\software\USB_Tool_Kit\Tools\repadmin.exe /showrepl * /csv
    $results = ConvertFrom-Csv -InputObject $workfile | where {$_.'Number of Failures' -ge 1}

#Here you set the tolerance level for the report
    $results = $results | where {$_.'Number of Failures' -gt 1 }

if ($results -ne $null ) {
        $results = $results | select "Source DC", "Naming Context", "Destination DC" ,"Number of Failures", "Last Failure Time", "Last Success Time", "Last Failure Status" | ConvertTo-Html
        } else {
        $results = "There were no Replication Errors"
    }

Send-MailMessage -From $from -To $to -Subject "Daily Forest Replication Status" -SmtpServer "smtp.maishsk.local" -BodyAsHtml ($results | Out-String)

Cr.http://technodrone.blogspot.com/2010/04/monitor-ad-replication-status-with.html

Monday, February 17, 2014 3:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Momaydopod,

Based on my research, the cmd "Repadmin /showrepl" can only display the replication status when the specified domain controller last attempted to perform inbound replication of Active Directory partitions.

Which means it only show the last inbound replication status between the Domain Controller you run "Repadmin /showrepl *" and its all replication partners.

To targets all domain controllers in the forest to retrieve summary replication status from each,  and sorts the results based on the longest time since the last successful replication, please also try the cmd below:

repadmin /replsum * /bysrc /bydest /sort:delta >replsum.txt

For more detailed information, please refer to this article:

Repadmin /replsummary

I hope this helps.

• Edited by AnnaWY Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by AnnaWY Tuesday, March 4, 2014 7:47 AM
    Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:33 AM
  • Hi,

Give this a try:

$body = repadmin /replsum * /bysrc /bydest /sort:delta | Out-String

Send-MailMessage -To 'them@domain.com' -From 'you@domain.com' -Subject 'Repadmin output' -Body $body -SmtpServer smtp.domain.com

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,700+ strong and growing)

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 5:33 AM
  • Hi Momaydopod,

If you want to parse the results of the repadmin /replsum, please refer to this:

DCs should have 0 in the Fails column, and the largest deltas (which indicate the number of changes that have been made to the Active Directory database since the last successful replication) should be less than or roughly equal to the replication frequency of the site link that is used by the domain controller for replication. The default replication frequency is 180 minutes.

If you get a replication error or the number in the Fails Column is not null,check Event Viewer and take a look at Technet for troubleshooting replication.

I hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by AnnaWY Tuesday, March 4, 2014 7:48 AM
    Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:01 AM

All replies

• ensure rpc port is open between machine that runs test and target
    Monday, February 17, 2014 10:50 PM
  • ensure rpc port is open between machine that runs test and target

RPC port is allow on firewall every site, Because  some time can show some site .......

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:03 AM
  • Hi Momaydopod,

Based on my research, the cmd "Repadmin /showrepl" can only display the replication status when the specified domain controller last attempted to perform inbound replication of Active Directory partitions.

Which means it only show the last inbound replication status between the Domain Controller you run "Repadmin /showrepl *" and its all replication partners.

To targets all domain controllers in the forest to retrieve summary replication status from each,  and sorts the results based on the longest time since the last successful replication, please also try the cmd below:

Repadmin /replsummary

I hope this helps.

• Edited by AnnaWY Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:28 AM
    Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:33 AM
  • Hi Momaydopod,

Repadmin /replsummary

I hope this helps.

I try to running script as above on server DC,  have text file already.

How to write log in to body message mail and send email to me ?

Do you have script for this step ?

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 5:19 AM
  • Hi,

Give this a try:

$body = repadmin /replsum * /bysrc /bydest /sort:delta | Out-String

Send-MailMessage -To 'them@domain.com' -From 'you@domain.com' -Subject 'Repadmin output' -Body $body -SmtpServer smtp.domain.com

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 5:33 AM
  • I try to runnoing can send email to me

Replication Summary Start Time: 2014-02-19 17:48:32

Beginning data collection for replication summary, this may take awhile:

Source DC           largest delta  fails/total  %%  error

ABC-DC           >60 days            5 /   5  100  (8452) The naming context is in the process of being removed or is not replicated from the specified server.

ABC-10-BDC                57m:23s    5 /  10   50  (8524) The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

ABC-2-DC              40m:20s    5 /   5  100  (8524) The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

ABC-3-DC               39m:36s    5 /   5  100  (8524) The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

ABC-10-AD                 24m:59s    5 /  10   50  (8524) The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

ABC-4-DC            24m:58s    5 /   5  100  (8524) The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

ABC-5-DC             24m:58s    5 /   5  100  (8524) The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

ABC-6-DC            24m:58s    5 /   5  100  (8524) The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

ABC-7-DC               24m:57s    5 /   5  100  (8524) The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

ABC-8-DC            24m:36s    5 /   5  100  (8524) The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

ABC-9-DC           24m:15s    5 /   5  100  (8524) The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

ABC-1-DC                24m:14s    1 /   1  100  (8524) The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

ABC-DC                    22m:08s    0 /  60    0  

ABC-DC                    10m:14s    0 /  10    0  

ABC-10-ADC                10m:14s    0 /  10    0  

Destination DC    largest delta    fails/total  %%  error

ABC-1-DC       >60 days            5 /   5  100  (8452) The naming context is in the process of being removed or is not replicated from the specified server.

ABC-2-AD                 49m:38s    0 /  10    0  

ABC-343m:56s   51 /  61   83  (8524) The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

ABC-4-DC            22m:52s    0 /   5    0  

ABC-44-ADC                12m:01s    0 /  10    0  

ABC-5-DC           11m:32s    0 /   5    0  

ABC-6-DC               10m:47s    0 /   5    0  

ABC-7-DC            10m:00s    0 /   5    0  

ABC-DC                    08m:54s    0 /  10    0  

ABC-8-DC             08m:28s    0 /   5    0  

ABC-9-DC            07m:58s    0 /   5    0  

ABC-10-BDC                05m:49s    0 /  10    0  

ABC-11-DC              02m:44s    0 /   5    0  

ABC-12-DC               01m:58s    0 /   5    0  

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 11:03 AM
  • Start by pointing all of the DCs in the  domain to a single DNS server in the root domain as their primary and restart Netlogon service on each. Also do ipconfig /registerdns on each dc.
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:40 PM
  • Start by pointing all of the DCs in the  domain to a single DNS server in the root domain as their primary and restart Netlogon service on each. Also do ipconfig /registerdns on each dc.

Every on Additional DC fix Secondary DNS to DC and Frist DNS Fix to my Additional DC.

Please help to explained is mean (I run script on DC Server)

Source DC           largest delta  fails/total  %%  error
    Destination DC    largest delta    fails/total  %%  error

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 8:13 AM
  • Hi Momaydopod,

If you want to parse the results of the repadmin /replsum, please refer to this:

DCs should have 0 in the Fails column, and the largest deltas (which indicate the number of changes that have been made to the Active Directory database since the last successful replication) should be less than or roughly equal to the replication frequency of the site link that is used by the domain controller for replication. The default replication frequency is 180 minutes.

If you get a replication error or the number in the Fails Column is not null,check Event Viewer and take a look at Technet for troubleshooting replication.

I hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by AnnaWY Tuesday, March 4, 2014 7:48 AM
    Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:01 AM
  • Hi Momaydopod,

I hope this helps.

HI

Thank you for you explain

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 5:06 AM
  • How to add  recipte 2 user in command ?

$body = c:\rep\repadmin /replsum * /bysrc /bydest /sort:delta | Out-String

Send-MailMessage -To 'user1@hotmail.com;user2@hotmail.com' -From 'it.infra@wallstreetenglish.in.th' -Subject 'Repadmin output version 2' -Body $body -SmtpServer myserver

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

Send-MailMessage -To 'user1@domain.com','user2@domain.com','user3@domain.com' -From etc etc etc

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:56 PM

Source DC           largest delta  fails/total  %%  error

W-01-DC             04h:25m:15s    5 /   5  100  (1722) The RPC server is unavailable.

W-02-DC          01h:24m:33s    5 /   5  100  (1722) The RPC server is unavailable.

W-03-DC        01h:09m:33s    5 /   5  100  (8524) The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

W-04-DC               54m:54s    5 /   5  100  (1722) The RPC server is unavailable.

How to resolve error is " The RPC server is unavailable."  and  "The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure."

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:39 AM