none
Unable to save look up Table created in MSPS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am unable to save the look up table created in msps 2010.

Code preview value has the value '*'

The values in the look up table are : HR; IT, FINANCE

While saving the look up table; the error message given is

"One or more code values in the lookup table either do not match the mask defined for the code or contain more than 255 characters.

Kindly help.

Soudha

• Edited by Soudha Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:56 AM edit
    Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:55 AM

Answers

• Soudha, that explains the problem. You need to add another level in the code mask. At the top of the table maintenance screen where you see the Code Mask information, simply add another row. Under the Sequence heading just start typing    chara   by the time you get to ch it will have autofilled with Characters. Hit Tab and the other columns on that row will autofill with default values. Your code mask should now look like    *.*   and it will accept two levels in the value table below. If you want to go to three or more levels, simply amend the code mask.

Graham

• Marked as answer by Soudha Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:23 PM
    Saturday, March 16, 2013 4:13 PM

All replies

• Aiisha, on the surface everything looks normal. In your shoes, I would check the appearance of the data in the table - check that the only level number is 1, check that there are no separation characters (,   .  etc) in the value column.

If there's nothing odd there, then try deleting a row at a time and saving the table to see if there's an entry that is causing the problem.

Graham

Saturday, March 16, 2013 1:51 PM
  • Graham,

Indeed, i have deleted all the rows and retried.

Infact, the problem lies when indenting the entries. In the Look up table, when the level is 1, I am able to save the table. However, when the level is 2, the above error message is given when saving the table.

Under the HR value, there are UK and Italy as sub HR department.

Please help how I should proceed when I am using indentation?

Thanks and Kind Regards

Soudha

• Proposed as answer by GMcH Saturday, March 16, 2013 4:09 PM
    • Edited by Soudha Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:25 PM
    Saturday, March 16, 2013 2:17 PM
  • Soudha, that explains the problem. You need to add another level in the code mask. At the top of the table maintenance screen where you see the Code Mask information, simply add another row. Under the Sequence heading just start typing    chara   by the time you get to ch it will have autofilled with Characters. Hit Tab and the other columns on that row will autofill with default values. Your code mask should now look like    *.*   and it will accept two levels in the value table below. If you want to go to three or more levels, simply amend the code mask.

Graham

• Marked as answer by Soudha Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:23 PM
    Saturday, March 16, 2013 4:13 PM
  • Graham,

I am now able to save the lookup table.

Many thanks for the help.

Kind Regards

Soudha

Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:23 PM