UI Suppression ON for Skype for Business 2015 client failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need to test Lync SDK (2013) app with Skype UI suppression.

I tried all possible registry paths that can be googled

on Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit with SfB 2015 client and Skype UI is not suppressed after its restart.

What are the other requirements for suppression? If installed MS Office 2013 and SfB itself are not activated/registered, can it be the reason? Can local or global domain group policy affect UI suppression?

Windows is activated, BTW.

Thanks

Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Alex, 

Could you also post this question in Lync Dev Forum as well,You would receive better suggestions in that forum. Let us know if you need any further information. We’ll be glad to help.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/home?forum=communicatorsdk

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, July 5, 2016 1:39 AM
    Friday, July 1, 2016 9:31 AM
  • Now Office (with Skype) are activated. UISuppression still fails.

I guess correct registry path is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync

With UISuppressionMode DWORD key = 1 (BTW, I can see path and key name in my Lync.exe)

LyncClient.GetClient() can't start host process (gives exception "Hos Process is not running").

When SfB is launched manually, it has normal UI and InSuppressedMode = false and State = SignedIn

SfB About window tells:

Microsoft Lync 2013 (15.0.4809.1000) MSO (15.0.4823.1000) 64 bit

Skype for Business 2015. MS Office  Professional Plus 2013

Friday, July 1, 2016 9:51 AM
  • Hi there,

I've answered this question in my blog post here: http://blog.thoughtstuff.co.uk/2016/07/skypedevq-ui-suppression-in-skype-for-business-client/

But, the short answer:  the Skype for Business client uses the 16.0 keys to trigger UI Suppression, but the client SDK uses the 15.0 keys. So, keep both happy: add the UISuppressionMode value to both the 15.0 and the 16.0 keys!

Tested with some trivial sample UI Suppression code: no errors, can get client State.

Hope this helps,

-tom

Tom Morgan thoughtstuff.co.uk

• Proposed as answer by TomMorganMVP Tuesday, July 19, 2016 8:47 PM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2016 8:47 PM