MAP showing Enterprise version after reinstallation SQL Server to Standard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I inventoried SQL Server, there was SQL Server 2005 Enterprise version. I uninstalled SQL Server 2005 Enterprise and install SQL Server 2005 Standard. I rerun MAP 9.3.9, but MAP still showing Enterprise version.

Second time I deleted host from these tables:

[Inventory].[AllDevices_Assessment].[HardwareInventoryEx]
    [Inventory].[AllDevices_Assessment].[HardwareInventoryCore]
    [Inventory].[AllDevices_Assessment].[CategorizedDevices]

Database showing standard version. But MAP still showing Enterprise version. How I can fix it or from where MAP checking SQL version?

Thanks,jan

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 2:41 PM

All replies

• Did you create a new instance of the DB for a new scan or just re-run the scan? It seems like you just ran it again.

MAP DOES NOT RE-SCAN A SUCCESSFULLY INVENTORIED DEVICE! Hence the no change of edition.

You need to create a new inventory DB in options and run a full new scan.The tables you mentioned are only a piece of the puzzle and removing it from there will not do you any good.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 5:57 PM
  • If I want to use MAP periodically,I have to create a new instance of the DB?

Will detect new SQL Server version on server or installed Service pack or I have to create again new instance of DB?

Thanks,

jan

Thursday, February 11, 2016 5:19 AM