How to enable Windows Update on XPe RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've got a device that is running Windows XPe. The device was shipped with windows updates disabled. I've turned them on via the security center and even tried enabling them using local GPO's but still no luck. Speaking with support for the device they said they can't tell me how to enable them since it's not supported however he said it had something to do with DLL's. I registered some of the DLL's associated with windows update and still nothing.

When I try to run windows update from windowsupdate.microsoft.com I get this message:

"[Error number: 0x8DDD0003]
      Network policy settings prevent you from using this website to get updates for your computer.

If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact your system administrator.  
     Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number 0x8DDD0003) yourself."

If there is any other info needed, please let me know.

thank you!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:30 PM

All replies

• Craig.Sorensen  hello its sounds to me like you dont have sp2 / sp3 you need these to get into microsoft update. download and instal these two packages which you will find in the down- loads page for your computer.

kmn

Sunday, December 23, 2012 3:27 AM