none
How Do I Block Autoplay Videos? RRS feed

• Question

• I have just gone to a site where the video had sound even though I had the sound off on my machine. Even though I paused the video it just went back to the beginning and started over. This is unacceptable. I have tried installing Ad-block but that didn't help. I use IE11 but will go to other browsers if another browser has an add-in that will fix this.

Thanks!

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 9:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer prevents sites from installing and using these apps. This can help keep you safer as you browse, but it can also affect the performance of certain sites. For example, when ActiveX Filtering is on, videos, games, and other interactive content might not work.

To turn on it via the following steps:

1.Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.

2.Tap or click the Tools button, point to Safety in the dropdown menu, and then tap or click ActiveX Filtering. There should now be a check mark next to ActiveX Filtering.

For more information, please read the following article:

Use ActiveX controls

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/use-activex-filtering#ie=ie-11

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by haydnguy Wednesday, December 17, 2014 2:22 PM
    Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:14 AM

All replies

• I believe that even though my sound icon had a red stripe through it and the tooltip said the sound service was not running, I believe it may have been running. I went some where else and heard some sound. I "turned on" the sound and now it appears ok.
    Tuesday, December 16, 2014 1:01 PM
  • Full Windows version would be...?

=========================================
    You will find Consumer-specific support for Internet Explorer in these forums: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 11:19 PM
  • Hi,

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer prevents sites from installing and using these apps. This can help keep you safer as you browse, but it can also affect the performance of certain sites. For example, when ActiveX Filtering is on, videos, games, and other interactive content might not work.

To turn on it via the following steps:

1.Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.

2.Tap or click the Tools button, point to Safety in the dropdown menu, and then tap or click ActiveX Filtering. There should now be a check mark next to ActiveX Filtering.

For more information, please read the following article:

Use ActiveX controls

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/use-activex-filtering#ie=ie-11

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by haydnguy Wednesday, December 17, 2014 2:22 PM
    Wednesday, December 17, 2014 8:14 AM