Microsoft Lync Has Stopped Working RRS feed

• Question

• Receiving error "Microsoft Lync has stopped working, A problem caused the program to stop working correctly"

On win 8 Surface pro 2 & 3 tablet.

Works fine on Win7 workstation.

Other users on Win 8 Surface pro 3 tablets have no issues

Have uninstalled & re-install, still get the error, reset Outlook profile, still get the error, only on Win 8 product for my profile.

Monday, June 27, 2016 7:10 AM

Answers

• Hello,

From your description, the issue only occur on some of the surface 3 users. If there are any misunderstanding, please let me know.

According to the symptom, since other users work properly, I think the cause should be resided on the specific client site. Please try the following suggestion:

1. Run Windows in Clean Boot mode to avoid any third-party conflictions.

2. Turn off any third-part firewall or AV programs.

3. Check the application log and see if there are any related issue. Post the error message and let us know which file did it crash on. (In my previous experience, it can be caused by display and sound drivers)

Thanks,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Monday, July 11, 2016 4:47 AM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2016 6:48 AM

All replies

• Have you already tried this on a fresh imaged PC with windows 8?

-Don

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 1:04 AM
  • Which version of Client are you trying, can you try to install the latest version with  the June CU updates released and then test it. Lets also make sure that you have IE 11 and above in your system.

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 4:36 AM
  • Hello,

From your description, the issue only occur on some of the surface 3 users. If there are any misunderstanding, please let me know.

According to the symptom, since other users work properly, I think the cause should be resided on the specific client site. Please try the following suggestion:

1. Run Windows in Clean Boot mode to avoid any third-party conflictions.

2. Turn off any third-part firewall or AV programs.

3. Check the application log and see if there are any related issue. Post the error message and let us know which file did it crash on. (In my previous experience, it can be caused by display and sound drivers)

Thanks,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Monday, July 11, 2016 4:47 AM
    Tuesday, June 28, 2016 6:48 AM
  • what is the version of the Lync client, if you are using Lync 2013 install basic client and test

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35450

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 11:17 AM