KPI in Proclarity Desktop Propfessional RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

am new to proclarity.
           i have created a Report usign Measures and Dimensions in the Adventure Works DW Cube.
                now, i need to add a KPI into my Report. i dn't knw how to add the KPI.
            In the help file they said that

• From the Tools menu, select Create New Indicator.

Or

I could  found both the things in  my report,but i need to use the KPI.

Thanx,
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:39 PM

Answers

• Pardon me Siva, I mistakenly wrote that the KPI Deisgner is part of the Professional client install, when in fact, it is part of the ProClarity Analyitcs Server install.

Thanks,

Bob

Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:54 PM

All replies

• Hello Siva,

To clarify, are you missing the KPI Designer button from your tool bar at the top of the client window?  If you are using the 6.3 client, the KPI Designer installation is a separate install from the Pro, but should be on the same installation package.  Can you clarify what the issue is and which version of the client you have installed?

Thanks,

Bob

Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:50 PM
  • Pardon me Siva, I mistakenly wrote that the KPI Deisgner is part of the Professional client install, when in fact, it is part of the ProClarity Analyitcs Server install.

Thanks,

Bob

Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:54 PM
  • The KPI Designer is certainly a very friendly and fast way to create KPIs.  Another option for KPIs however is to create them in the cube and have them exposed in ProClarity.  The interface for doing this is not quite as friendly as the KPI Designer's wizard-driven functionality, but the advantage of doing it in the cube is that the KPI is then exposed to any client that may be accessing that cube (PerformancePoint, SSRS, Excel, etc), and not just ProClarity.

Friday, February 22, 2008 12:14 AM

• Thanx Ben,

i got the KPI designer from the Proclarity Analytic Server.

its working fine.
    Friday, February 22, 2008 12:01 PM