User Profiles RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello all,

One day on a work PC using Windows Vista.  The system had about 20-30 user profiles, but the users never log on the system before( IT support PC .  I checked the profiles and all that was in then was a folder called WINDOWS and a file called ntuser. all the same for the other profiles.( there are 3 users that uses the PC ) The size of the profiles is the same as well 2.37MB

All the PCs at work are set up on a domain.  Some of the users that came up were from other sites, and the rest of the users were turn off in active directory.

I did try looking up in google, but all i got was how to fix the temp user profile.
    Brian
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 9:37 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Brian, do you mean under C:\Users\username folder? Do those users encounter log on or other issues?   

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Friday, February 27, 2009 7:15 AM
  • Ya under C:\Users\username folder.  One day user profiles showed up.  I checked in system properties to see if the profiles are real and they are showing in system properties

The PC that got all the profiles is a IT support PC. There are 3 users that log on that system.  Remote desktop is on, but someone is on the PC on the local side all the time.  And there is no way someone out side the IT support knows the PC name.

Brian
    Friday, February 27, 2009 11:05 PM
  •  

Thanks for the update. Except the Windows folder under the user profile, is there any other issue/symptom when logging on the computer?

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, March 2, 2009 9:25 AM
  • As far as i know there is no issues on the system, when logging on the system.
    VMware was installed but i don't know when. And a program called tuneup 2009.

Brian
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 4:07 AM