What about Enterprise Enviroments ? RRS feed

• Question

• I work in the outsourcing business and we need to be able to manage Client Security across multiple domains and forests.

I am wondering if there is some kind of master management module that would make us able to manage Clients, get reports and distribute new patches and updates to clients across different Forests and Domain with NO TRUST.

We can do this with other malware products.

Wednesday, February 7, 2007 12:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Jan

Thanks for the post!  FCS v1 requires MOM's mutual authentication (see my previous post on the topic).  You could disable Mutual Authentication on both the server and all the client machines to achieve the configuration you are looking for, but that layout is not support for FCS v1.  We are actively investigating this management scenario for v2

Thanks!

Chris

Forefront Client Security PM

Wednesday, February 7, 2007 2:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Jan

Thanks for the post!  FCS v1 requires MOM's mutual authentication (see my previous post on the topic).  You could disable Mutual Authentication on both the server and all the client machines to achieve the configuration you are looking for, but that layout is not support for FCS v1.  We are actively investigating this management scenario for v2

Thanks!

Chris

Forefront Client Security PM

Wednesday, February 7, 2007 2:28 PM
  • I am very interrested in hearing more about this scenario, and it is a showstopper for my organisation that this is not supported in V1.

Pleasy notify it is a possibillity that you should change your view on this.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 12:47 PM