Can we avoid sending e mails having the message header "Please respond to mailid" from scsm RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I Have configured Mail workflow in SCSM 2012 R2 , but by default in the e mail the header is like 'Please respond to ''mailId ',

which we dont require in our environment.

Can anyone suggest if it possible to edit the message header the way SCSM triggers it

Thanks in advance ,

Kalai

Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:39 PM

All replies

• All email notifications sent from SCSM are created from Notification Templates. If you want to change the subject of the email, you can edit the notification template from within the console in the Administration workpane. Keep in mind that if you use the Exchange Connector the WorkItem ID must be in the subject of the email. 

- Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:11 PM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for the reply !!

Yes , we can customize the mail subject using Notification Template

But my question is scsm while sending mail it automatically attaching the line "Please respond to *mailid*" in the mail ,in this *mailid* is the return email address configured in mail channel

I have configured SMTP server for Lotus notes in SCSM 2012 R2 Setup

Any way to avoid this static line "Please respond to *mailid*"  in SCSM triggered e mails

or do we need to do some configuration related to lotus notes ????

Any Suggestions will be helpful..

Thanks ,

Kalai

Friday, October 24, 2014 10:47 AM
  • There are no default notifications, and there are no automatic insertions. The notification channel only handles outbound messages, and the exchange or SMTP connectors only handle incoming messages. something in your workflow or email configuration is modifying that message after it's constructed by the notification rule. 
    Friday, October 24, 2014 1:06 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks !!

Is there any problem if my workflow account mail Id is different from my return e mail address in mail channel ???

I think since we provide the return e mail address, the mail is generated like this  !!

• Edited by Kalai23 Friday, October 24, 2014 2:04 PM added informatiion
    Friday, October 24, 2014 1:47 PM
  • only if that notice is being inserted by Notes. Exchange doesn't have that behavior, and just silently tells the client (not the user) to send replies to the other address
    Friday, October 24, 2014 5:12 PM