none
IIS error on TimesheetHistory.aspx page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

One of my user of Project Server encounters a big problem with Project Server 2013 since he created a filter in the Timesheet History's page.

When he go on the TimesheetHistory.aspx page, he've got an IIS error.

[SPException: Your request has failed for an undetectable reason; you may need to contact your system or database adminstrator.]
       Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.ApplicationPages.ReviewTSPage.<LoadReviewData>b__6(PSI psi, PSClientError err) +133
       Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJContext.HandleTryPSIErrors(UInt32 ulsID, SoapException se, String scopeName, Action`2 onError, Func`1 rethrow) +356
       Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJContext.TryPSITag(UInt32 ulsID, String scopeName, Action`1 tryBlock, Action`2 catchBlock, Func`1 rethrow) +221
       Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJContext.TryPSITag(UInt32 ulsID, StackFrame frame, Action`1 tryBlock, Action`2 catchBlock, Func`1 rethrow) +149
       Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.ApplicationPages.ReviewTSPage.LoadReviewData(Boolean fromCache) +427
       Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.ApplicationPages.ReviewTSPage.PJWebPage_OnLoad(EventArgs e) +954
       Microsoft.Office.Project.PWA.PJWebPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +147
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

As the error is not very explicit, I check the ULS log and I found this message.

Error is: GeneralUnhandledException. Details: General Unhandled

Exception in _TimeSheet.ReadReviewedTimesheets_ Attributes:

System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlTypeException: SqlDateTime overflow.

Must be between 1/1/1753 12:00:00 AM and 12/31/9999 11:59:59 PM.

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TdsExecuteRPC(_SqlRPC[]

rpcArray, Int32 timeout, Boolean inSchema, SqlNotificationRequest

notificationRequest, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean

isCommandProc, Boolean sync, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion,

Int32 startRpc, Int32 startParam)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior

cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream,

Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite,

SqlDataReader ds) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExe...

So, I guess that when he create his filter, he has put a wrong date and the only way I see to fix this bug is to change, into the Database, the Datetime of the filter but I've got no idea where I can find this value.

If any one know where I can fix this value.

Thanks,

Patmol

• Edited by Patmol6 Friday, March 7, 2014 3:25 PM
    Friday, March 7, 2014 3:23 PM

Answers

• All the user settings are found in a User profile in project server. For example, when a user changes the view that info is store in the user profile.  I cannot remember the table name, but if the profile records are deleted, the profile records are created when the user logins in again.

Brian Smith did a demo of this at the Project Conference 2012 (several years ago, not this recent conference). You may be able to find the recorded session somewhere on the internet.

It may be in this session.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=project+conference+2012+videos+brian+smith&qs=n&form=QBVR&pq=project+conference+2012+videos+brian+smith&sc=0-0&sp=-1&sk=#view=detail&mid=8C69FF73576B5F2E0A258C69FF73576B5F2E0A25

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Monday, March 10, 2014 11:16 PM
  • Finally found what was wrong :-)

When the user went on the TimesheetHistory's page, Project Server executes the SP : [pub].MSP_WEB_SP_QRY_GetUserProperties juste before [pub].MSP_WEB_SP_QRY_GetAllWebAdminSettings and in this first SP, the result of two fields was
    "\/Date(-62126697600000)\/" so I changed these fields in "\/Date(NaN)\/" and no more IIS error.

• Marked as answer by Patmol6 Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:05 PM
    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:05 PM

All replies