changing view settings not working RRS feed

• Question

• I have been able to change the view settings for many different types of messages where I specify the sender or the subject, But when I ask to search is the body of the message contains a word when from a particular sender, nothing changes.

Friday, September 12, 2014 3:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You want to set a view that can filter out emails that contain a special word in the body and sent from a particular sender, right? How did you set the view? Here is what I did and it works in my environment:

1. Click on the folder that you want to apply the view to.

2. Click View tab > View Settings > Filter button

3. Under Message tab, set like this:

4. Click OK and check the changes.

Please try the steps above and let me know the result.

Thanks,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

• Marked as answer by Steve Fan Monday, September 22, 2014 8:39 AM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 3:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You want to set a view that can filter out emails that contain a special word in the body and sent from a particular sender, right? How did you set the view? Here is what I did and it works in my environment:

1. Click on the folder that you want to apply the view to.

2. Click View tab > View Settings > Filter button

3. Under Message tab, set like this:

4. Click OK and check the changes.

Please try the steps above and let me know the result.

Thanks,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

• Marked as answer by Steve Fan Monday, September 22, 2014 8:39 AM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 3:02 AM
  • yes - I tried that and it did not do anything. I was wondering if because the text i was looking for in the body of the message was nested within a table?
    Monday, September 22, 2014 3:21 PM