Briefcase RRS feed

• Question

• I attempted to sync files between two computers using briefcase and a USB removable storage device. Both computers are running Vista; one Business and one basic. Windows Help states that briefcase can sync files between two computers, and provides information on preparing the sync.  There is also info on synchronizing files to a removable storage device, accessing on the second computer, and then sync back to the original computer.  However, I could not find info on completing the sync on both computers.  I followed the instructions to prepare the sync: click on open space in folder > right click > select new briefcase folder, and I dragged the files to the briefcase folder. I moved the USB storage device to my other computer, opended the folder view, and clicked update all. I received an error message stating that the files were not accessible from the other computer. I tried this process with files from several different programs with the same result. How can I make files accessible from the other computer? Thank you.

Mark

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 2:25 PM