none
Actual Start and Finish Dates changed weeks later RRS feed

• Question

• What would cause Actual Start and Finish dates to be changed for tasks weeks in the past?  We noticed the dates had been changed when prepping for updates from the project team.  Not only did the Actual Dates change, but durations along with them. 
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:39 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately, it almost always boils down to user error:

1) Project manager changes it by accident.

2) Project manager changes the duration - which affects the dates.

3) Some sort of errant VBA code messes with stuff.

In a properly updated schedule, with all incomplete tasks in the future, I've never seen this.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 2:04 AM
  • RdShadow92,

A little more information please. What version of Project are you using? Do you have the latest updates installed? Are you connected to Project Server?

Are you saying that the actual start and actual finish dates of tasks that are 100% complete were changed by Project or are you saying that someone on your project team gave you updates that showed different actual start and finish dates? Or are you saying something else?

I'm not aware of any bugs related to Project changing dates all by itself but I don't keep track of every detail update fix. That's why it's so important to install updates. Other than that the only way I see the actual dates changing is if someone changed them, perhaps inadvertently.

John

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 2:05 AM