Remove and Reinstall management point RRS feed

• Question

• During my initial install of SCCM 2012 SP1, the management point did not install properly properly. I checked the mpmsi log file and it shows IIS was not correctly configured for SSL, so installation of management point failed.  I configured SSL but now I need to remove and reinstall my management point on my primary site.

Monday, March 4, 2013 9:08 PM

Answers

• You can remove the role by going to the Administration Workspace > Site Configuration > Servers and Site System Roles.  Select the bad server and right click on its "Management point" site system role and select "Remove Role".

You'll want to monitor the logs to watch it complete the uninstall successfully.  Then, reboot your server.

Go back to the same spot in the console, right click on the server name, and select "Add Site System Roles" and go through the wizard to reinstall the Management Point role.  While it is installing, monitor the logs for it to complete succesfully.  Then, reboot your server again.

I hope that helps!

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

Monday, March 4, 2013 9:23 PM

All replies

• You can remove the role by going to the Administration Workspace > Site Configuration > Servers and Site System Roles.  Select the bad server and right click on its "Management point" site system role and select "Remove Role".

You'll want to monitor the logs to watch it complete the uninstall successfully.  Then, reboot your server.

Go back to the same spot in the console, right click on the server name, and select "Add Site System Roles" and go through the wizard to reinstall the Management Point role.  While it is installing, monitor the logs for it to complete succesfully.  Then, reboot your server again.

I hope that helps!

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

Monday, March 4, 2013 9:23 PM
  • Hi Team,

which logs need to check while removing and reinstalling MP...

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Theja

Monday, June 22, 2015 5:02 AM
  • Hi Theja,

If the above reinstallation has been successful?

Monday, November 23, 2015 4:33 AM