Email Stays in Outbox until program is restarted RRS feed

• Question

• I support a Software suite that a small part of it is sending an e-mail through Outlook calling a COM Object. (Development suite is not .NET ready) 

For the most part, this feature works fine in most of out clients. But I've noticed that 1 user in 1 of our clients, when she send an email out (In this the e-mail is sent to a phone via [phone number]@[service provide mail server].com) the e-mail will stay in the Outbox until the user exits out of Outlook, then starts outlook again.

The user can click on SEND/RECEIVE several times and the email ill not be sent, or if it sends, will take 20 to 30 minutes to do so. However, if you add a CC email address, that e-mail will be sent right away.

We've even right clicked on the Outlook.exe application and enabled the 'Run as Administrator' from the Compatibility Tab, with Outlook running, the e-mail will generally stay in the outbox until the user exits outlook then opens it up again.

User is using Windows 7 64-bit environment and Outlook 2010 64-bit. Our Application is 32-bit. However, I have the same setup through out the company, and this user is the only user with this issue. Any ideas?

Friday, July 18, 2014 2:08 PM