skype for business server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Microsoft Forum, i have a problem with my skype for business server,

1. Sing In Issue

- For new user at branch, it isn’t real time for authentication and show message cannot connect to      server, but actually the server is online.

2. Add external contact

Sometime is ok, sometime error. After add but it show offline and cannot chat

3. Status Issue

- Status is always offline (actually he is online.

Note:my skype for business has down all and i just restore from VM backup, when i restore the VM it appear all error about, my skype for business is Standard Edition, Thanks Advance for any comment.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 8:32 AM

All replies

• Hello Peang, 

Since  you have recovered the server, make sure that all the services required for skype for business are up and running from the services.msc, check for Share location and configuration. make sure you are able to download the topology file. If you find all are in place then  you can go back to the client and create a new profile there and make the users sign in.

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 11:42 AM
  • Agree with Akampa,

However, you've recovered using an unsupported method as well.  Was everything working before the failure?  Do you have an export of your configuration and user database from before the failure that you can re-import?  You would have exported it using export-csconfiguration and export-csuserdata which is often performed by a backup script you might have scheduled.  There may be some corruption in your environment, I'd also confirm that get-csmanagementstorereplicationstatus is showing replication status as true for all servers.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 4:49 PM
  • HI, before the failure everything working normally. when i type Get-CsmanagementstoreReplicationstatus it show false, So how can i do? can i download patch update both front end server and edge server?

Thanks for your answer!

• Edited by Peang Suy Tuesday, October 4, 2016 6:47 AM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2016 2:24 AM
  • You can try the patch, but again, the stronger option is to restore from a supported backup.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 7:33 PM