none
MS Project 2013 Not Working. Program opens but will not function RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There

I have installed and reinstalled Microsoft Project which was downloaded from the Microsoft Store.

I am currently running windows 7 Professional, on a HP Probook 4530s with 8GB RAM, 64bit. The primary issue is the significant LAG and functions failing to work.

Currently i can open the program and select a new document or use an existing document but during opening some or all of the information does not display. When attempting to edit the spreadsheet the cells do not highlight and text entered does not display until i restart the program after saving. most functions do not respond without a double click. i cannot scroll down the page etc..... the issues go on.

I have had my computer looked at by our supplier and all other programs are running without fault or LAG.

Reinstalling the program does not work.

Any help would be much appreciated as i really need this program to work!

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Friday, October 25, 2013 4:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Well your laptop etc is obviously up to spec.  Can you download a trial of Office2013 and see if you get the same issues?  Are you using the 32 or 64 bit of Project?

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Friday, October 25, 2013 5:36 AM
  • Hi There

I have installed and reinstalled Microsoft Project which was downloaded from the Microsoft Store.

I am currently running windows 7 Professional, on a HP Probook 4530s with 8GB RAM, 64bit. The primary issue is the significant LAG and functions failing to work.

Currently i can open the program and select a new document or use an existing document but during opening some or all of the information does not display. When attempting to edit the spreadsheet the cells do not highlight and text entered does not display until i restart the program after saving. most functions do not respond without a double click. i cannot scroll down the page etc..... the issues go on.

I have had my computer looked at by our supplier and all other programs are running without fault or LAG.

Reinstalling the program does not work.

Any help would be much appreciated as i really need this program to work!

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

I have the HP Probook 4530s which is a company laptop, they recently upgraded from office 2010 to Office 2013

I am facing the same issues, in excel when i click a cell it is not highlighted, if i minimise then maximise the window the cell i previously clicked is highlighted, if i click on another cell the same issue, in word i type and see no text, i minimise then maximise the window and the text i typed appears, this is really frustrating and making it impossible to use office (most applications affected - even outlook 2013).

Computer - HP Probook 4530s

OS - Windows 7 32bit

Office Version - Office professional Plus 2013

Installation - an upgrade from 2013

I have the a personal laptop which has no issues,

Computer - Asus S550C

OS - Windows 8.1 64 bit

Office Version - Office Professional Plus

Installation - an upgrade from Office 2010

Please advise on a solution as currently i have to use my personal laptop in the office which is not the ideal solution.

Monday, November 11, 2013 3:41 PM
  • Hi!

It appears to be an Office issue more than a Project issue. 

Maybe you'll find a more helfpul hand in the Office technet forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=officeitpro

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, November 11, 2013 3:54 PM