Task Scheduler - If the task fails, restart every....? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Env : Windows 7

I created a task scheduler with option (If the task fails, restart every 1 minutes, up to 3 times)..

Under action, for testing, I selected a.exe (which does NOT exist in my machine)..

I looked at the History tab..it says Error..action failed to start..which is obvious right...because the file I specified doesn't exist...then right after that....another one says.."Attempting to restart".... so it sounded like it will try to execute every 1 minute up to 3 times....but this task NEVER restarted...(It it was restarted, I believe I was supposed to see 3 more error logs in the history)

Is my understanding about "restart option" not correct?

Why didnt it restart, even though the task obviously failed?

Any idea?

Thanks,

• Edited by T J Wednesday, August 12, 2015 1:43 PM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 1:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

How's going on this question?
    Do you get relevant error message in Event log or the SCHEDLGU.TXT in C:\Windows\Tasks?

According to my test, it works well when create a task and execute every 1 minute up to 3 times if it failed, figure as below:

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 10:59 AM